January 01, 2010

Last year's failures to this year's success...

Last night the full moon was so bright that every detail of Pang's landscape was visible...icy, blanketed in snow, and beautiful. It seems that time moves on, but incredible views remain. It is now 2010 and, as I look back, I can see how my life improved in 2009; I'm not going to make a list of important events - many of them are very personal - but I will remember them and how they've changed me.

This time of year always leaves me looking back; it's not only marked by New Year festivities, but it's also my birthday on Monday. Milestones that mark time (and its passing). I think that my pseudo-resolution should be to look to the future and focus on improvement. I used to make lists which were overly-ambitious and always led to failure. Is it overly ambitious to say you want to live? Try new things? That's what I'm going to work on; I will only commit to one - albeit difficult - resolution. I will live.

Everyone, join me and raise a glass to living. For those of you in a dry community (like Pang), raise something else. Cheers...