January 11, 2010

Agility training and the Nunie Awards...

It took hours to pick apart the tree and peel down the Christmas lights, and now I sit with boxes piled around my 'empty-ish' place with the door blocked with a fake tree chopped and rolled into three bushy chunks. It's about this time every night that the dogs got their spurt of crazy energy; usually this involves flying up and down the stairs and wrestling, but this time it was complicated by the obstacle course of seasonal decorations. All I can do is sit, watch, and laugh. They definitely have some mad skillz...I should get them involved in flyball or agility training. I wonder if my purebred has what it takes to be the 'Best in Show'. Perhaps not...although he's a cutie, he's already been snipped. Most dog shows won't allow 'altered' dogs, right? Also, who ever heard about chihuahua agility (obstacle course) competions? I really can't imagine the breed jumping through hoops and up/down see-saws.

Anyway, enough about that. The nomination deadline has passed for the annual Nunie awards...did you get your nominations in? Did you find any blogger gems out there? I definitely found a few more things to distract me! Not cool - it takes me forever just to get through the normal stuff I have to do in the day; from this day forth there will be more listed in my blog roll...

Well, I suppose it would be best if I head back to work. Though it's 8pm and one of my favorite shows is on, a teacher's job is never done. Ciao!

3 comments:

chris said...

Great visual Tara
.... only people who know Scarlet and Gryphon could appreciate the rib tickling humor of seeing those two in action at bedtime.It's great to have a little furry distraction when you are letting go of the warmth of Christmas Lights in a dark season

Kent said...

Little dogs are sought after for flyball, because the gates are set to the heigth of the smallest dog.

Tara Muise said...

Kent: really? surely you don't mean that the height would be the same for a lab or a shepard...that would just be wrong. proportionally, right? perhaps i should start with the traing...he's only going to get pudgy up here if i don't devise some kind of workout!