January 03, 2010

Back to work...

Well my vacation is officially over. Even though tomorrow is my birthday, all I can think of is getting groceries and prepping classes. Weird. These past few days have been so lazy that even turning on the snowmobile is an adventure; I've just been feeling 'flu-ish'. Either that or just living in a trance-like sleepy state. Very probable actually.

Basically, tomorrow the textbooks piled on my coffee table will be piled on my desk, and I'll be back to drinking nasty coffee with powdered whitener. Sweet! You can't really appreciate the weekend when you don't work during the week.

In a teacher's world - especially those instructing at a college or university - work is broken into definite units. Semesters. I can't believe that the fall semester is already finished! The first set of marks are in, and the outlines for a whole batch of new courses are prepared.  I hope the next session doesn't have as many growing pains as the first.

I guess I'm speechless tonight; no real interesting words to tap out. I think I'll put on the kettle, make some hot chocolate, and try - yet again - to work with the dogs. Right now Gryphon is learning to sit, Scarlett is learning to stay, and both are learning to STOP BARKING! I think that last one might take awhile...

3 comments:

Clare said...

Say no to nasty coffee. I have some coffee links if you need. Let me know. And as for whitener...

When I was a gaol guard, back in the late 70's, some inmates took the metal tube from a commercial coffee perk, crimped one end, filled it with coffee mate and match heads and wrapped it toilet paper and set in on fire. A fellow guard narrowly escaped injures when he recognized the burning object was a bomb, and escaped around a corner as shrapnel flew by him. I no longer drink coffee whitener. If you can make a bomb from it...

Tara Muise said...

good point clare...i suppose i'll need to invest in a bar fridge if i want the cream, though.

oh, and i have awesome coffee shipped from the south (ha HA to the guy who said i'd be nabob'in it by xmas), but it's a communal pot; i don't want it to go to people who can't tell the difference between a nice medium roast and tim horton's. is that selfish?

Clare said...

Well, I pondered that very question, when I thought I was actually going to have a real job again. In the end I decided I'd get another Technivorm. And brew my coffee in it. No point in ruining bird habitat just to satisfy co-workers. See which co-workers don't mind getting good coffee and start an alternate coffee group.