October 04, 2009

Flights of fancy...

Sitting here in Ottawa, I somehow feel obliged to use the internet...there's something about hi-speed wireless that leaves a taste of strawberries in your mouth...

...I have no idea why I wrote that. It's not that strawberries are the best thing in the world, but it just seemed to come out that way. Don't you thing it sounds better than won-ton soup?

I head back to Pang tomorrow and, although I'm looking forward to being there, I'm not really too excited about the trip. There's something about carrying two dogs around for hours that just rubs me the wrong way. I guess it kinda pisses them off too. However, I have gathered the provisions needed to spoil them (as well as the gravol to put them on their butts). Fingers crossed.

Speaking of provisions...shopping trip! Yay! I got paid on Friday and I think most of it is already gone. Electronics, clothes, dog treats, coffee pot :), cleaners, pillows...yay! I haven't really gotten too much in the line of food (except a few cans of Beef-a-Roni which, in Pang, cost $5 a piece). Oh, another excitement? A Hungry Man fried chicken dinner with fake potatoes, corn, and a brownie...very expensive to buy that kinda crap where I live now.

...hmm...and buckets of Tim Horton's coffee...

I'm sure I'll get back to my place, take a look around the kitchen, then kick myself that I didn't buy different things, but then I'll heat up some good ole'fashioned canned pasta and throw on a dvd. Classic.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Does the gravol really work for the critters?

Tara Muise said...

i don't know. they might just be ok travellers. i don't want to take the chance...i'd hate to have my dog jumping around and crying; if something can stop that - and not harm them - i'm all for it! the problem is...you have to give it to them in advance to make sure it's working by the time you need it to.

Jordan~Stephanie said...

Did you actually use High Speed Internet ... I hope we never meet. I'm worried that my jealousy may over take me and I'll drop dead!

I would do anything for High Speed Internet.

Oh my god . . . wait . . . I think I actually miss BELL CANADA.


I have to go . . .