February 09, 2010

Ellen 'n' polar bears...what's the connection...

So I checked out American Idol tonight, and I'm still trying to figure out whether Ellen was a good choice for the show. Don't get me wrong - I think Ellen's awesome - but is she right to judge musical contestants? She does add an element of humour, replacing the element of 'crazy' that Paula provided...perhaps it'll be an acceptable fit after all.

Has anyone out there tasted polar bear? One of my students had some in the back of his truck at school today, but I couldn't convince him to give me a slice. What I'm finding about country food here in Pang is that, although most enjoy seal (every bit of it), caribou will disappear at a community feast before those little sea creatures. Apparently polar bear tops the horned beast! Some day soon I'll get a taste and will report back to you then.

It was another beautiful day here in Pang...the mountains were all shades of blue and pink. The thing is, that's not new; it's always beautiful. What I have to say is that there wasn't too much noteworthy going on today...at least nothing crazy enough to keep me up typing. I'm going to log off then close these tired eyes.

Talk to you tomorrow!

No comments: