August 05, 2009

Wal-Mart wandering...

Yee-haw! I finally got my flight information; on the 17th I'll fly from Ottawa to Iqaluit then on to Pangnirtung about an hour later. I still need to get the dogs checked in and registered, but that can be done tomorrow morning. Canadian North will actually let me put both dogs in one carrier to take in the cabin :-) Gryphon still needs some practise in there, but once the two of them are used to it, everything will be so much less stressful!

I had my last shift at the school today. I'm glad I'm moving into a new position, but I don't really have anything bad to say about my last one...it had just run its course. Now it's on to bigger and, well, really different things.

***

A little break there...mom and dad wanted to try out a Skype call with my new netbook. The webcam is ok considering the cost of the computer, but the microphone isn't so hot - need a new headset.

Now it's Thursday...

Wal-Mart, Costco, PetSmart, Bulk Barn, MEC, and Superstore are the places I had planned on hitting before leaving. My friends have been so great in taking me to different places...thanks Kim (and Michael, in advance). Last night I only made it through Wal-Mart and PetSmart. Definitely impressed with the amount of stuff I was able to get for $355 at the former. Ok, perhaps some of the stuff isn't the best quality but I love the bookshelf and the new bedsheets/quilt will be a good addition to the stuff I already have. My visit to PetSmart was pretty speedy. I knew what I needed...just an airline approved carrier which had more ventilation than the one I already have. It's ugly, but it'll work.

Ok, this morning I got involved in a little bit of a time waster...I took a gamble on a movie I had never heard of, and it paid off in spades. Death at a Funeral. Check it out. You'll love it if you're anything like me; I suppose, though, that one thing a wise person once said (Jordan or Steph in your 500 Days of Summer post) is true: movies are subjective and it's always a risk to suggest a winner.

Anyway, that was pretty much my Wednesday night. Spending money. Yay! This afternoon will be more spending at Costco, but that's more like an experience than a mere shopping trip. I'll be leaving my heels at home, picking up a coffee, then roaming the aisles like a child in a candy shop (or me in a candy shop, come to think of it). I've added a coffee grinder to my list; I figure it will be better than taking the vacuum-sealed stuff from Ottawa.

After Costco it's off to see my bestest of best friend for the last time (well, the last time until next summer sometime). Boo. I'm craving some naan and pakora's so those, along with some butter chicken and samosas will probably make up our take-out for the evening...I'm pretty sure there's no Indian Express in Pangnirtung...

No comments: