July 30, 2009

I fart in your general direction...

Ahh, dear reader, I'm back again.

Poor Gryphon...today he had his surgery which will ensure that there are no little 'Gryph-lettes' in the future; right now he's sleeping off the pain meds, but I'll have to keep a close eye on him and his stitch-picking habits.

So, one more thing checked off my list. My dogs have been checked and are both considered as healthy as the proverbial barn of horses; I must say, though, that they're awfully gassy tonight! That being said, my vet is really worried about the flight itself. She even asked if she could write a 'doctor's note' to the airline explaining that they should both ride in the cabin - that freaked me out. I've decided if the whole experience is worse than I expect, I will just take some of the sedative myself to calm down, cross all appendages, and hope for the best.

Today I also took care of a few other bits'n'bites. After dropping Gryphon off in the morning, the 'work' day started with another potential-tenant walkthrough. Apparently the one who had filled out the application yesterday didn't make the cut. Next stop was the bank around the corner. I know a chunka change in there is being held, so I needed to know how much I could use.

'To Staples fair child' was the medieval chant that echoed through my head next...I think I've been watching too much Monty Python. Yup, that must be it...so, fair child, to Staples I went (after buying a quick Timmy's). I needed to fax some documents to my new employer. Close to $22 later, I was ready to go. $22? It's true. To the CEO of Staples: "...your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries!"

The local cop-shop was my next stop. Fortunately, the police station is just down the road from my place so, when I found out I had forgotten a document I needed to complete my records check, it only took me about 20 minutes to go home and get it. $40...$40 to let everyone know that I'm not some sort of pervert with a penchant for...I don't know...something weird. Gooseberries?

What was left of the day was just filled with picking up Mr.NoMorePuppies and planning for tomorrow. Since said 'tommorow' is the Friday before a long weekend, there'll be a lot to do.

...I think I'll finish the evening with a bit of knitting (that crazy polyester scarf isn't just going to appear) and movie watching (god bless the Internet).

Good night fair child...don't let anyone ever call you a "hanglish peegdog'!

No comments: